Video: Man rescued from fire at his Lavenham bungalow
- Credit: Archant
FIREFIGHTERS have rescued an elderly man from his burning bungalow in Lavenham.
Suffolk Fire and Rescue Service was alerted to the blaze in Tenter Piece, off Church Street, just after 11.10am.
Four engines and the turntable ladder were sent to the fire in the mid-terrace bungalow where firefighters removed the man from his home.
He was placed in the care of paramedics and was thought to be suffering from the effects of smoke inhalation.
The fire is believed to have started in the kitchen and spread to a roof void.
A Suffolk Fire and Rescue Service spokesman said: “The fire spread to a further three rooms and to the roof space.
“We used a ladder to remove roof tiles to ventilate the roof and to check adjoining properties.
- 1 'I thought he was going to Ipswich' - rival boss reveals Blues interest in right-back
- 2 25-year-old left eating disorder clinic prior to death on A14
- 3 Will Suffolk have a white Christmas this year?
- 4 New Ed Sheeran Christmas song with Elton John out this week
- 5 'Quirky and memorable' name for new café and visitor centre revealed
- 6 Case of new Omicron Covid variant identified in Norfolk
- 7 The Ipswich Town players who could force their way into Cook's thinking during cup break
- 8 Essex Sainsbury's car park cordoned off after police incident
- 9 Norwood on target as Town Under 23's sting Hornets
- 10 Aston Villa loanee Louie Barry is the forgotten signing at Ipswich Town... he'll be hoping to get his chance this week
The gas board and UK Power Networks have isolated supplies to the bungalow.