Video: Missing man Michael Bell found safe and well
- Credit: Archant
Missing Essex man Michael Bell has been found – and will soon be reunited with his family.
He was found just before noon, a little over two hours after a member of the public, who had seen media coverage of Mr Bell’s disappearance, reported seeing his car at Fingringhoe, near Colchester.
The witness reported seeing the black Nissan Note at the end of a farm track. But the vehicle drove away before police arrived a few minutes later.
The search by police, family members and friends then focussed on the Fingringhoe and Colchester areas.
Mr Bell, 57, had been last seen at his home in Finchingfield at about 3pm on Tuesday.
You may also want to watch:
An Essex Police spokesman said he had been found at a nature reserve in Fingringhoe Wick, near Colchester.
He has now been taken to hospital for a check-up.
- 1 How Suffolk voted in the county council elections 2021
- 2 Tories retain Suffolk County Council control - but Greens make huge gains
- 3 When Ipswich boss Cook will inform players of his contract decisions
- 4 Poorly rated Chick King takeaway goes into liquidation
- 5 Police identify elderly man after incident involving young girl in village
- 6 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 7 Election 2021: Ipswich Borough Council results
- 8 Why Cook has given Norwood Ipswich Town's captain's armband
- 9 Coach Gill leaves Town with Cook wanting to bring in 'fresh faces'
- 10 Driver convicted of killing friend in A12 crash