Video: Seal on beach sparks crowds
A SEAL was spotted on Felixstowe beach today, drawing crowds and prompting a grandmother to call the coastguard.
A SEAL was spotted on Felixstowe beach yesterday, drawing crowds and prompting a grandmother to call the coastguard.
Diana Hollis, 70, of Bramford Lane, Ipswich, said she spotted the animal at about half past two in the afternoon.
She said: “I'm on a day out with my grandchildren Dillon and Molly and my daughter Debbie. We came down to the beach and we saw him.
“We don't think he's very well because he hasn't moved from the groyne that he is resting on. He keeps closing his eyes.
“I'm not sure how he got here. It's lovely to see a seal but it's very sad if he's not well.”
- 1 WATCH: 'Unplayable' delivery from Suffolk bowler goes viral
- 2 Woman freed from vehicle after car overturns near to shops
- 3 Conveyor belt which carried pig carcases across Suffolk A-road is demolished
- 4 A14 westbound reopens after crash caused 7 miles of delays
- 5 Plans for 20 homes in Suffolk village unanimously refused
- 6 Seven players who could leave Ipswich Town this summer
- 7 Long delays on A14 near Ipswich after police called to hole in the road
- 8 Ipswich Town's 'true league standing' revealed in new survey
- 9 Warehousing units take shape at Ipswich as demand rockets
- 10 Mercedes and Vauxhall flip over after crash in busy Ipswich road
A number of families paused to watch the seal who was close to The Dip, off Cliff Road, Felixstowe.