Video: Transports of delight as Santa comes to Ipswich Waterfront
- Credit: Archant
When you think of Father Christmas travelling the world and delivering presents to bring festive cheer to millions, he is usually pictured riding in his sleigh pulled through the sky by his reindeer.
However when he made his much-anticipated arrival on Ipswich’s Waterfront yesterday evening, Santa was using a slightly different mode of transport.
Reindeer Dasher, Prancer, Blitzen and their stablemates were all given the night off because Santa instead decided to travel to Old Custom House on a historic barge.
And that wasn’t where the changes from tradition ended, as Father Christmas climbed aboard an old fire engine which transported him to his next destination.
That was at Giles Circus where he took up residence in his grotto for the rest of the evening.
You may also want to watch:
There he met people visiting the town for its first late-night shopping event.
Santa also visited the Christmas Market in Queen Stree.
- 1 Ipswich Town lead the chase to sign Luton skipper Sonny Bradley
- 2 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 3 Luke Chambers: 'To be brutally honest, I didn't think I would be leaving the club this summer'
- 4 ‘Unique’ farm in coveted river setting hits market for first time in 60 years
- 5 First look at golf club's multi-million pound coastal homes development
- 6 New rickshaw taxi service starts in town
- 7 Passenger falls off motorbike on A134
- 8 'Mass of smoke' billows from roof in house fire
- 9 Farm to use renovated rail carriages as holiday lets
- 10 Kesgrave shooting: Trial set to start as boy, 16, denies attempted murder