Video: Woman in her 90s dies after coach collision in East Hill, Colchester
- Credit: Lucy taylor
A woman has died after colliding with a coach.
Police and paramedics were called to East Hill, in Colchester, just before 5pm.
The road was initially closed in both directions.
Two air ambulances, a paramedic in a rapid response car, an ambulance officer and an ambulance were called to assist.
A spokesman for Essex Police said: “Police are at the scene of a serious road incident at Colchester.
You may also want to watch:
“Officers were called to East Hill following reports of a collision involving a pedestrian and a bus.
“East Hill has been closed and is likely to remain shut for several hours for police investigations.
- 1 'Beautiful inside and out': Tragedy as mum dies 48 hours after giving birth
- 2 Ipswich Town reveal full retained list as six first-teamers get extended stays and eight depart
- 3 Town confirm four more exits at end of season
- 4 Armed police box in cars on A12 after men seen 'fighting with swords'
- 5 Town take up contract options on duo with plenty of departures still expected
- 6 Search for man after girl, 10, accosted at B&M store in Stowmarket
- 7 Exit Interview: Farewell to Ipswich Town's most iconic player of the last decade
- 8 'The honour of my life' - Chambers' message to Town fans after departure confirmed
- 9 Suffolk estate which featured on TV show on the market for £1.25m
- 10 Restaurant launches giant cheesecake and cookie company
“Drivers are being advised to avoid central Colchester while the closure continues.”
Police have now confirmed that the woman, in her 90s and from Colchester, has died. Officers are appealing for information and have said that the road will be shut until 10pm.
Drivers are being advised to avoid central Colchester while the closure continues.
Any one with information should call 101 or email email@example.com.