Views sought on village library’s opening hours
Villagers in Lavenham are being asked their views on potential changes to the library’s opening hours.
Under new proposals, the total number of library opening hours would increase by half an hour at no cost to Suffolk Libraries due to small changes to staffing patterns.
Suffolk Libraries said the proposed new hours will see more consistent opening hours and longer hours on Fridays.
The library is currently closed on Mondays but under the planned changes, it will open from 10am to 1pm.
But on Sundays, the library will close instead of being open from 12.30pm to 4pm.
You may also want to watch:
The proposed new changes are as follows:
Monday - 10am to 1pm (the library is currently closed)
- 1 Antiques Roadtrip star opens new Suffolk antiques shop
- 2 'Our supporters are tired and bored of us' - Cook on 3-0 loss at AFC Wimbledon
- 3 Cyclist dies after collision with car in Bury St Edmunds
- 4 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 3-0 loss at AFC Wimbledon
- 5 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 3-0 loss at AFC Wimbledon
- 6 Cafe owner 'very emotional' after mystery customer leaves £500 for staff
- 7 'Complete negligence' - anger as sports clubs locked out of playing fields
- 8 Driver flees after crashing into level crossing
- 9 Driver who killed 'dearly loved' man, 29, in crash is jailed
- 10 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Spurs loanee Parrott set to return to Blues next season
Tuesday - 10am to 1pm and 2pm to 5pm (no change)
Wednesday - Closed (no change)
Thursday - 10am to 1pm and 2pm to 5pm (no change)
Friday - 10am to 1pm and 2pm to 5pm (the library is currently open 2pm to 5pm)
Saturday - 10am to 2pm (the library is currently open 10am to 4pm)
Sunday - Closed (the library is currently open 12.30pm to 4pm)
Any changes to the opening hours will have to be approved by the Suffolk Libraries board and Suffolk County Council.
To take part in the survey, click here or fill in a copy at Lavenham Library. The survey officially closes on Tuesday, June 18.