Village of the year announced
THIS year’s Suffolk Village of the Year has been announced.
Clare, near Sudbury, has come out tops followed by Moulton, near Newmarket and Wickham Market.
The competition is run by the Suffolk Association of Local Councils (SALC).
Judges were impressed by all this year’s entries but Clare stood out as the winner.
Jane Cole, deputy chief executive officer for SALC, said: “I think it was the sense of community. That came through very strongly and there is a very active parish council.
You may also want to watch:
“All the entries were very impressive and I believe the scoring was extremely close - just a few points between them all.
“The standard of the whole competition was very high. To get into the final three this year was quite a feat in itself. It was very tough.”
- 1 Antiques Roadtrip star opens new Suffolk antiques shop
- 2 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 3-0 loss at AFC Wimbledon
- 3 'Our supporters are tired and bored of us' - Cook on 3-0 loss at AFC Wimbledon
- 4 Driver flees after crashing into level crossing
- 5 'Complete negligence' - anger as sports clubs locked out of playing fields
- 6 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Spurs loanee Parrott set to return to Blues next season
- 7 Cyclist dies after collision with car in Bury St Edmunds
- 8 Cafe owner 'very emotional' after mystery customer leaves £500 for staff
- 9 Driver who killed 'dearly loved' man, 29, in crash is jailed
- 10 Witnesses sought after four-vehicle crash in east Suffolk