Village of the year announced
THIS year’s Suffolk Village of the Year has been announced.
Clare, near Sudbury, has come out tops followed by Moulton, near Newmarket and Wickham Market.
The competition is run by the Suffolk Association of Local Councils (SALC).
Judges were impressed by all this year’s entries but Clare stood out as the winner.
Jane Cole, deputy chief executive officer for SALC, said: “I think it was the sense of community. That came through very strongly and there is a very active parish council.
You may also want to watch:
“All the entries were very impressive and I believe the scoring was extremely close - just a few points between them all.
“The standard of the whole competition was very high. To get into the final three this year was quite a feat in itself. It was very tough.”
- 1 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 2 Man in hospital with serious injuries after Suffolk stabbing
- 3 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues linked with 'ambitious move' for striker
- 4 Community in shock after stabbing on Suffolk estate
- 5 Former Town star's son scores to help Hartlepool secure dramatic return to EFL
- 6 Pub demolition plans generate 150-plus objections in a week
- 7 No starts, sarcastic cheers and a quick profit - A look back at Kieffer Moore's time at Town
- 8 Patient in 90s will fight Ipswich Hospital parking fine
- 9 Couple launch smoked meat business after impressing at family BBQs
- 10 Councils to be given powers to fine drivers £70