Volunteer paramedic assaulted in emergency call-out in Felixstowe
A community first responder was assaulted in Felixstowe last night.
Police officers were called by East of England Ambulance Service paramedics at around 7.45pm, after reports that a volunteer crew member had been assaulted while attending a medical emergency in Elizabeth Way.
The volunteer was putting equipment in the boot of his car when he was pushed to the floor.
A police spokesman said he suffered “a minor wound to the stomach.”
The man who carried out the assault is aged around 30-years-old, with short dark hair and wearing a puffa jacket.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone who witnessed the assault or has any information should contact police on 101, quoting reference 16618/16, or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.
- 1 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 2 Felixstowe beach hut goes on sale for record price
- 3 Woman's body found in village home
- 4 Indian Covid variant being monitored in Suffolk after one case confirmed
- 6 Couple were found 'slumped over' on their sofa, inquest hears
- 7 A14 delays as police deal with incident near Orwell Bridge
- 8 ‘Demolition Man’ Cook tells vast majority of Ipswich Town squad to find new clubs
- 9 A14 re-opens after medical emergency
- 10 Wigan kitman Craney given Town coaching role by Cook