Vote for Inspire Suffolk to receive £200,000 prize
- Credit: Archant
Suffolk health and sport project reaches final for housebuilder’s £200,000 community prize.
Supporters are being urged to vote online to help Inspire Suffolk to win £200,000 in a national competition launched by a national housebuilder.
Persimmon Homes launched its Healthy Communities scheme last May, with the aim of giving £615,000 to support amateur youth sport in England, Scotland and Wales.
Thirty finalists are now competing for the top prize with the winner to be announced at a gala dinner at York Racecourse on Thursday, March 22.
Voting is open now.
You may also want to watch:
One individual or group will scoop £200,000, while two runners-up will win £50,000 each. Each of the remaining 27 finalists will win £5,000 each.
Local charity Inspire Suffolk has been chosen to represent Persimmon Homes Anglia in the final and it is now up to the public to decide on the winner with online voting under way for six weeks until March 16.
People can vote for their favourite sporting group by visiting https://www.persimmonhomes.com/healthy-communities
- 1 Town in talks to sign Barnsley forward Chaplin
- 2 Ipswich Town closing in on deal to sign Rangers defender Edmundson
- 3 Some areas record twice monthly rainfall in a day - and more heavy rain to come
- 4 Ipswich Town appoint new strength and conditioning coach
- 5 'Amazing' - Joy as port welcomes maiden call of luxury cruise ship
- 6 'He's a proper footballer... hopefully he can stay around us' - praise for Town teenager Humphreys
- 7 Warning of 'severe' flooding in west Suffolk
- 8 Road closed after lorry crashes into tree as one person is trapped inside
- 9 Ipswich target Jacobs on his Town talks and chances of a Portman Road move
- 10 Kenyan school chums meet by 'unbelievable chance' at Suffolk village fete
Caro Thornton from Inspire Suffolk said: “We are urging people to back us in this competition and take the time to vote, as such a large amount of money would be a real game changer for everyone who benefits from Inspire Suffolk’s services and premises.
“Inspire Suffolk’s dedicated coaches deliver multi-sports and disability sports sessions at our Ipswich venue which the money will benefit, where they aim to develop technical skills, confidence, self-esteem and motivation.
“Winning the £200,000 would enable our charity to make vital improvements to our venue – upgrading changing rooms and showers to make them accessible, installing a lift to the first floor, removing asbestos and installing energy efficient heating and lighting – to ensure the charity can continue to support the community.”
Andrew Fuller, managing director of Persimmon Homes Anglia, said: “We have been overwhelmed by the interest in the Healthy Communities scheme, and the incredible talent, expertise and dedication shown by all the organisations that entered.
“The aim of the scheme is to help create a sporting legacy, and we believe Inspire Suffolk could do this if they win the £200,000. We would urge local people to get behind this group by adding their vote online, as the work they do is tremendous.”
As part of the scheme thousands of groups and individuals applied for monthly donations of £750 to pay for kit and equipment. As part of their entry they had to say what they would spend the £200,000 on if they were lucky enough to win the top prize.
Persimmon Homes Anglia awarded £6,000 locally as part of this and nationally, Persimmon’s 30 businesses donated £180,000.