Kite-surfer dies after he is found on Suffolk beach
A man in his 50s, who police believe had been kite-surfing, has died after being found on a Suffolk beach in freezing weather.
Emergency services were called to Walberswick, near Southwold, at 3.20pm on Sunday following concerns for the safety of a man in the sea just off the beach.
HM Coastguard, East of England Ambulance Service and police attended the scene.
The man was found by members of the public on the shore. Despite receiving medical attention, he died at the scene. His next of kin have been informed.
A spokesman for Suffolk police said: "An investigation into the incident is continuing but at this stage there are not thought to be any suspicious circumstances.
"A file will be prepared for the coroner in due course."
Witnesses or anybody with any information is asked to contact Halesworth Police on 101 quoting CAD 189 of February 7.
- 1 A12 closed following serious collision
- 2 Lorry driver hailed as hero after truck crushed in port accident
- 3 Woodbridge bar owner to fight £1,000 fine for Covid rule breach
- 4 Man taken to hospital after 40ft container drops on lorry cab
- 5 Former Town defender could be in the frame to become Cook's No.2 after Richardson blow
- 6 Car SOS to feature family who lost father and son
- 7 French pop-up restaurant owner unveils new seaside hotel plan
- 8 Woman in critical condition and man arrested after serious A12 crash
- 9 31 miserable stats which sum up a largely miserable Ipswich Town season
- 10 Missing person from Braintree has been found