Walton Channel/Clacton: Yacht and cruiser rescued
- Credit: Archant
The Thames Coastguard was notified of two incidents in the area yesterday.
At 11.18am, they received an urgent call for assistance from the 8.5 metre yacht ‘Freedom Warrior’, which had one person on board and had run aground in the Walton Channel.
The coastguard tasked the Harwich RNLI Inshore Lifeboat and Walton Coastguard. The lifeboat refloated the craft, which then continued it’s passage to the River Orwell.
And at 3.02pm, the 14 metre motor cruiser ‘Seraphina’, which had two people on board, reported they had run aground on the Gunfleet Sands.
The Walton RNLI All Weather Lifeboat was tasked and successfully towed the vessel into deep water.
You may also want to watch:
The craft then returned to the Woolverstone Marina, in Ipswich.
- 1 ‘Demolition Man’ Cook tells vast majority of Ipswich Town squad to find new clubs
- 2 Mike Bacon: It's going to take more than 'potential' to get into Cook's starting XI next season
- 3 Indian Covid variant being monitored in Suffolk after one case confirmed
- 4 Angry resident threatened with arrest over fake parking tickets
- 5 Woman's body found in village home
- 6 WATCH: Rude graffiti highlights 'huge' potholes
- 7 Wigan kitman Craney given Town coaching role by Cook
- 8 Couple were found 'slumped over' on their sofa, inquest hears
- 9 Classic car show to return this summer with new venue
- 10 'It's been a strange few days' - Skuse gives emotional exit interview