Walton: Fire in three-storey block of flats

Fire crews cut man free from van

Fire crews cut man free from van - Credit: Archant

Firefighters were called to a three-storey block of flats after a small fire in an electrical cupboard caused smoke-logging in the stairway.

The incident happened at Grove Avenue, Walton-on-the-Naze, at 7.10pm.

Two crews from Frinton attended the fire.

Crews wearing breathing apparatus entered the stairway, isolated the electricity supply and removed cladding to ensure the fire had not spread.

Using hose reel jets, they had extinguished the fire by 8.01pm.