Walton-on-the-Naze: Jewellery worth thousands of pounds stolen after raid at Aquarius jewellers
- Credit: citizenside.com
Thieves broke into a jeweller’s shop in north-east Essex by knocking through the wall of an adjoining building.
Police believe the suspects may have spent two nights working on the wall to enter the Aquarius Shop in Walton-on-the-Naze after breaking into a garage next door.
They stole a large safe, rings and watches valued at a five-figure sum.
Detective Constable Andy Dodd: “We believe that at least four men were involved in this burglary and that they might have worked over the course of two nights to break into the garage, then break through the wall.
“We have received information that ‘building noise’ could be heard overnight in the town centre.
You may also want to watch:
“We also believe that a small dark car and a large white van were used by the thieves.
“The large van would have been used to take away the safe and would have been very low on its rear springs.”
- 1 Tories retain Suffolk County Council control - but Greens make huge gains
- 2 How Suffolk voted in the county council elections 2021
- 3 A weekend of potential departures as Town finish up their disappointing season
- 4 Poorly rated Chick King takeaway goes into liquidation
- 5 Joy as council reverses ban on motorhomes in car parks
- 6 'Masterpiece' modernist home with panoramic sea views for sale for £850,000
- 7 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 8 See inside beautiful stately home near Ipswich - for one day only
- 9 Bookings now open for unique new Suffolk dining experience
- 10 Plans to convert pub into block of holiday lets withdrawn
The vehicles used might have been seen in the Mill Lane car park area of the town.
Anyone with information should contact Clacton CID on 101 or ring Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.