Warm weekend ahead but chance of thunder and showers
- Credit: Archant
Weather experts are predicting a warm weekend across Suffolk and Essex, but are warning of the chance of thunder and rain.
Temperatures across the region are set to reach highs of 19C (66.2F) on Saturday and 20C (68F) on Sunday, according to Adam Dury, forecaster at Weatherquest.
However, Mr Dury said there would a lot of cloud which could bring spots of rain.
There might even be a rumble of thunder on Saturday afternoon, Mr Dury added.
“Starting tomorrow morning there will be a bit of brightness but it will be quite cloudy and maybe a few spots of light rain or drizzle coming over from the west,” he said.
You may also want to watch:
“By early afternoon that cloud will thicken up and then heavier cloud late in the afternoon and evening.
“It will still be quite warm with highs of 18C (64.4F) to 19C (66.2F) with that bit of brightness in the morning keeping temperatures quite humid then with the cloud coming in there might be the odd rumble of thunder on Saturday afternoon.
- 1 Three East Anglian curry houses make final of English Curry Awards
- 2 'It was horrific': Grandmother stuck abroad after 40ft castle fall
- 3 Five star cat hotel opens near Bury St Edmunds
- 4 Daylight dogging makes beauty spot 'no-go area'
- 5 Towering views for royal on visit to see completed £4m Suffolk project
- 6 'We have the quality to go on and win this league' - Burns calls upon fans to keep the faith
- 7 Two people rescued in four vehicle crash on A14
- 8 Ed Sheeran hints at new tour dates and reveals favourite Suffolk beer
- 9 Mike Bacon: Oh, what have we done to deserve this?
- 10 'Keep the faith' - Town fans on poor start and what needs to change
“On Sunday there will be clear skies and starting dry with sunshine but then cloud thickening Sunday afternoon could produce odd spots of rain but generally just cloud coming from the west Sunday afternoon.”
He said temperatures on Sunday would hit around 19C (66.2F) to 20C (68F).