Weather warning issued for thunderstorms by Met Office
- Credit: peter cutts
Thunderstorms could be on the way for parts of Suffolk today – with a yellow weather warning in place from the Met Office.
While many places will miss the heaviest showers, bands of thunderstorms will likely bring some disruption, according to forecasters.
The Met Office has warned that the thundery weather could affect driving conditions and delays to train services are possible.
Adam Dury, from Weatherquest, said there is a higher chance of thunderstorms towards the end of the afternoon and into the evening.
“There is a risk of a few thunderstorms and there could be some heavy rain out there in places,” he said.
You may also want to watch:
“It’s more likely in the west or north of the region, the further south you go, it’s more likely to be rain.
“But there is potential for some thundery conditions, with a higher chance in the late afternoon and into the evening.”
- 1 Antiques Roadtrip star opens new Suffolk antiques shop
- 2 'Our supporters are tired and bored of us' - Cook on 3-0 loss at AFC Wimbledon
- 3 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 3-0 loss at AFC Wimbledon
- 4 Cyclist dies after collision with car in Bury St Edmunds
- 5 Driver flees after crashing into level crossing
- 6 Cafe owner 'very emotional' after mystery customer leaves £500 for staff
- 7 'Complete negligence' - anger as sports clubs locked out of playing fields
- 8 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Spurs loanee Parrott set to return to Blues next season
- 9 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 3-0 loss at AFC Wimbledon
- 10 Driver who killed 'dearly loved' man, 29, in crash is jailed
He added that the region will see high temperatures of 20-21C (68/69F).