Warning to be vigilant after attempted burglary in Great Oakley
- Credit: Eastern Counties Newspapers
Police have warned people to be vigilant around home security after an attempted burglary in an Essex village.
Someone entered a home in Red Barn Lane, Great Oakley, at around 7pm last Friday.
A man who was at home heard the intruder enter his kitchen and shouted out, causing the suspect to run off empty-handed.
Essex Police want to hear from anyone who may have seen anybody acting suspiciously in the area at the time or if they have any information about who the suspect may be.
Detective Constable Mo Crawley of Clacton CID said: “I would like to urge people to be vigilant about their home security and to lock their doors and windows when not at home and after dark.”
You may also want to watch:
Anybody with information can contact Det Con Crawley on 101.
Advice about home security and crime prevention advice is available on the Essex Police website.
- 1 Tributes to 'loyal, caring' man, 28, who died after A14 crash
- 2 Former Town star Clapham gets head coaching role
- 3 HOW THE NIGHT UNFOLDED: Witches prove too hot for Lynn
- 4 Caravans pitched at Portman Road car park
- 5 Reduce your dementia risk with 7 lifestyle changes
- 6 Woman who posed as food bank staff steals Easter eggs from Morrisons
- 7 Passenger falls off motorbike on A134
- 8 What has changed in Woodbridge over lockdown?
- 9 Body found in the River Orwell
- 10 Person taken to hospital after two-car crash