Warning to Ipswich shoppers after string of mobile phone thefts in town centre
Police are urging shoppers in Ipswich to keep an eye on their mobile phones after a string of thefts in the town centre.
All of the incidents involved a woman who distracted the victim with a newspaper or leaflet, before taking their phones.
Two thefts happened In Tavern Street on Saturday, June 20 around 11am and Sunday, June 28 around midday.
Further incidents were also reported in Westgate Street on June 27 around 11.40am and June 29 at around 11.50am, The Walk on June 29 at around noon, Carr Street on June 24 at 1.35pm amd Queen Street around 12.40pm on June 24.
The woman is described as aged between 20-30-years-old, with long dark hair sometimes tied in a ponytail, of slim build and between 5ft 4in and 5ft 8in tall.
You may also want to watch:
She is sometimes accompanied by a man possibly in his 20s with dark spiked hair.
Members of the public are reminded to security mark their property, keep their phones with them and record details of serial numbers.
- 1 'Beautiful inside and out': Tragedy as mum dies 48 hours after giving birth
- 2 Ipswich Town reveal full retained list as six first-teamers get extended stays and eight depart
- 3 Jeffers set for Ipswich Town coaching role
- 4 'The honour of my life' - Chambers' message to Town fans after departure confirmed
- 5 'The manager has to impose his will... we'll give him the resources to do that' - Detmer on Cook's transfer funds
- 6 Armed police box in cars on A12 after men seen 'fighting with swords'
- 7 Exit Interview: Farewell to Ipswich Town's most iconic player of the last decade
- 8 Town confirm four more exits at end of season
- 9 Delays continue on A12 after lorry rolls in crash
- 10 Murder accused storms out of witness box after admitting stabbing his ex
Anyone with information should contact Suffolk police on 101, quoting IC/15/2665.