Warrant issued for Robert Spall, 28, of Ipswich, after failure to attend court over alleged police assault
- Credit: Gregg Brown
A warrant has been issued for the arrest of a 28-year-old Ipswich man accused of assaulting a woman and two police officers.
Robert Spall failed to appear at South East Magistrates’ Court, in Ipswich, where he was due to answer three assault charges on Wednesday.
Spall is accused of assaulting a woman and two police officers on Saturday, December 23.
The incident is alleged to have happened at about 8am in Norwich Road, Ipswich, where police had been called to reports of a domestic incident.
Two officers were injured and required hospital treatment for a finger broken in three places and a knee injury.
You may also want to watch:
Spall, of Norwich Road, was charged with two counts of assaulting a police constable in the execution of duty and one of assault by beating.
He was due to appear in court on Wednesday morning but failed to attend.
- 1 'Striking' Suffolk eco home featured on Grand Designs up for sale
- 2 Red flooding alert issued for Suffolk coastal town
- 3 Suffolk coast flood alert issued including Felixstowe and Ipswich
- 4 Two Suffolk homes 30 miles apart struck by lightning
- 5 Stu says: He's ours now! The pick-pocket and cheese-gate - Town's 4-0 win
- 6 A14 roundabout lanes remain closed as burst water main repaired
- 7 Family pay tribute to former Suffolk headteacher who has passed away
- 8 Additional measures including face masks to be reintroduced to Suffolk schools
- 9 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 10 'We were shamed'... Pompey boss Cowley offers no excuses