9 pictures show flooding across Suffolk
- Credit: Archant
Flooding has caused problems on the roads across Suffolk after a night of heavy rain for the county.
Police warned drivers to take extra care on the roads, and a major route into Ipswich was gridlocked during the morning rush hour due to flooding.
Here are nine pictures from around Suffolk showing the extent of the flooding.
Reports on Facebook indicate Hillside Road in Bungay has flooded between the Co-op and the vets.
Flooding occurred near Needham Lakes. The roads around the area were also affected.
- 1 The Suffolk pub serving a gourmet Sunday lunch three days a week
- 2 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 3 'There are a million pundits... it becomes tedious' - Cook on Portsmouth trip
- 4 £1m renovation on Suffolk castle will change the appearance
- 5 Family forced to live in tent after maggots and rats found in home
- 6 Revealed: The most popular names for babies born in Suffolk in 2020
- 7 Ipswich Town fan banned from Portman Road for racially abusing player
- 8 Framlingham taxi driver lives double life as Chateau Diaries star
- 9 'I'm very lucky' – Ipswich biker-chef lost arm and hand in A14 crash
- 10 Four men arrested after man dies at Felixstowe lorry park
Roads were also flooded in Sudbury, with Nursery Road being particularly badly hit.
Floodwater also hit Ipswich, with the rail bridge over Wherstead Road being particularly badly affected — traffic was queueing as far as to the A14 slip road at Junction 56.