'Scattering of showers' expected across Suffolk this weekend
- Credit: Sarah Lucy Brown
Weather forecasters predict a wet and windy weekend in Suffolk and Essex - but the rain is set to make way for sunshine next week.
Saturday is set for a dry and cloudy start, with the rain expected to start to fall from around noon.
There will be similar conditions on Sunday, but Monday will bring a small chance of thunderstorms in the evening.
The poor conditions are set to end by Tuesday, as temperatures reach highs of 24C in the middle of next week.
Chris Bell, of East Anglian-based forecaster Weatherquest, said: "Tomorrow through much of the morning it will be mostly dry. We will see a scattering of showers from lunchtime.
You may also want to watch:
"Sunday will be a similar story - in the afternoon there is another risk of rain.
"It'll be a bit drier next week. I suspected that by Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday there will be drier conditions."
- 1 More Suffolk petrol stations closed as PM plans action
- 2 Explained: What is causing the long queues at petrol stations?
- 3 Lorry drivers being offered up to £60,000 and other bonuses as shortage bites
- 4 How it all unfolded: Town grab late point against Owls in bizarre fashion
- 5 Blaze spreads from classic car to bungalow next door
- 6 Dramatic pictures as huge barn fire breaks out near coast
- 7 Two arrested after man dies in crash
- 8 Suffolk petrol stations avoid closure as garages shut nationwide
- 9 22 Suffolk schools have Covid-19 outbreaks
- 10 Match Ratings: How Town players performed against Wednesday