Person taken to hospital with after barn collapses near Debenham
- Credit: GOOGLE MAPS
One person was hurt as a barn collapsed in mid Suffolk while Storm Eunice battered the county.
Fire crews were called to reports a barn had collapsed near Debenham Road in Stonham Aspal just after 11.30am.
An ambulance, as well as an air ambulance response car and a Hazardous Area Response Team, was sent to the scene just after noon.
A spokesman for the fire service said the building had collapsed part way through being dismantled, trapping one person.
Firefighters freed the person from the wreckage and left them in the care of the ambulance service.
A spokesman for the ambulance service said the person was then taken to Ipswich Hospital.
The patient, a young woman, suffered two spinal fractures and a fractured shoulder.
- 1 Man dies after being found unresponsive in Sudbury river
- 2 14 players that could solve Town's left-sided problem
- 3 'We're blown away' - Classic car show visits care home after roadworks setback
- 4 Community sadness after death of man who was found in river
- 5 Former Suffolk poultry farm site could be converted into homes
- 6 Historic former pub with permission to convert into homes set for auction
- 7 Man left with head injury after attack in seaside town
- 8 Ipswich Town installed as early League One title favourites
- 9 Homes destroyed after blaze breaks out in terraced housing
- 10 'New-look' Aldi store set to reopen in Sudbury, creating additional jobs
The fire service spokesman added it was not known if the barn's collapse was related to the storm.