Weather: Brollies on hand for Diamond Jubilee weekend
HOPES of cloudless skies for the extended Jubilee weekend may prove optimistic as forecasters predict overcast but mainly dry conditions ahead.
A mostly rain-free today is expected to turn rather cloudy in patches and feel unseasonably chilly at times, with a fresh easterly wind bringing top temperatures of 17C (63F) but lows of 8C (46F) and a chance of rain going into the evening.
Tomorrow will remain dry for the most part, with bright and sunny spells turning cloudy later.
Temperatures will again feel low for June but are expected to pick up fractionally on Monday, when the risk of scattered showers will threaten to dampen a dry sun-sprinkled start.
With Tuesday comes even scarcer sunshine and greater risk of some patchy light rain at times.
You may also want to watch:
The maximum temperature will be 16C (61F) but could fall to 11C (52F).
- 1 Man dies following stabbing in Bury St Edmunds
- 2 Six senior players - including Downes - will start pre-season with Under-23s
- 3 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 4 League One side showing strong interest in Ipswich youngster Lankester
- 5 Head chef frustrated after 13 'no shows'
- 6 Woman who pocketed cash for memorial bench avoids prison
- 7 Man in 40s rescued from beneath the Orwell Bridge
- 8 When Eagles Dare documentary reveals how close Ian Holloway came to being named Ipswich Town manager
- 9 'He nearly ruined my club' - Bent on former Ipswich boss Lambert
- 10 Vandals set light to seafront toilets