Weather: Check official websites for schools closures
SPOOF website escalates extent of school closures.
Parents are being advised to check with the county council after fake websites were found to be falsely claiming schools were closed.
Across Suffolk 32 schools and children’s centres have closed because of the severe weather.
However, the fake BBC website showed further closures.
Many headteachers are taking the decision to close their doors at lunchtime as the blasts of snow show no signs of disappearing.
You may also want to watch:
The latest schools to close their doors today are Chantry High School and Stowmarket High School.
Parents with children at Dale Hall Primary School and Whitton Primary School have been told they can collect their children from 1pm.
- 1 Community in shock after stabbing on Suffolk estate
- 2 Former Town star's son scores to help Hartlepool secure dramatic return to EFL
- 3 Man in hospital with serious injuries after Suffolk stabbing
- 4 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 5 'He nearly ruined my club' - Bent on former Ipswich boss Lambert
- 6 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues linked with 'ambitious move' for striker
- 7 Couple launch smoked meat business after impressing at family BBQs
- 8 Pub demolition plans generate 150-plus objections in a week
- 9 Mapped: Number of places recording Covid cases doubles in last week
- 10 Orwell Bridge: Road block removed as person safely off bridge
In Kesgrave, Heath Primary School closed at around 11am while Kesgrave High School will be closing at 3pm.
And in Brantham, Brooklands Primary School is closing at 2pm, while Sandlings Primary School in Woodbridge is shutting its doors at 2.30pm.
Nearby Tattingstone Primary School is closing after lunch at 1.10pm, East Bergholt High School is closing at 12.30pm with some school buses running and Capel St Mary Primary School is allowing parents to pick up their children from 1pm while Stratford St Mary Primary School is closing at 1pm.
Children’s centres in Kesgrave, Rendlesham, the Willow’s centre in Ipswich and the Caterpillar centre in Woodbridge are all closing at 1pm.
In the west of the county Riverwalk special school in Bury St Edmunds is closing at 1pm and Ashley School in Lowestoft is closing early.
The BBC said today a fake website has been set up falsely claiming schools in Suffolk are closed.
The fake website claims to be from BBC Suffolk and lists as closed many schools which are in fact still open.
- For further details visit www.schoolclosures.suffolk.gov.uk. Or for Essex schools visit www.essex.gov.uk.
See tomorrow’s paper weather special.