Weather: Council suspends brown bin collection due to weather
A COUNCIL has suspended collection of brown bins because of the freezing conditions.
Suffolk Coastal District Council (SCDC) said today that it had suspended collection of domestic brown bin collections.
The authority said that because of the freezing temperatures forecast for the next seven days, collections will not resume until December 13.
A council spokesman said: “Residents are asked not to put out their brown bin for collection until their next scheduled collection after December 13. Residents can refer to their collection calendar for their next local collection date.”
The council said all resources are now focused on the blue and grey bin collection services with crews out again today getting to as many homes as possible across the district. Every effort is being made to get to homes in more rural areas but this may be restricted due to untreated or inaccessible roads.
Next week, all residents are requested to only present their grey or blue bin on their normal collection day (as per collection calendar) for collection.
Residents are asked to leave any bins that are not collected out and collection crews will collect as soon as possible.
- 1 Historic former pub with permission to convert into homes set for auction
- 2 Gang who stole from Suffolk museum jailed for total of 74 years
- 3 Cyclist airlifted to hospital with serious injuries following incident
- 4 GALLERY: 'Stunning' turnout as Hadleigh Show returns after enforced break
- 5 Severe delays on major Suffolk route after crash
- 6 Double drink driver who killed Jennifer, 32, jailed six years and eight months
- 7 See inside this 'chocolate box' cottage up for sale for £435,000
- 8 Two Suffolk salons reach UK's top hair awards
- 9 Suspected speeder detained after car crashes into field
- 10 'You have broken us!' - New cafe at Suffolk beauty spot on huge demand
For further information contact SCS customer services on 01394 444000 or email email@example.com.