Snow is unlikely for Suffolk, but ‘freezing rain’ could lead to icy roads
- Credit: Archant
Drivers are warned of possible treacherous road conditions this evening as “freezing rain” could turn roads icy.
The weather forecast today predicts a cold, cloudy, windy day, with rain in the late afternoon and throughout the evening.
Chris Bell, a forecaster with Weatherquest, said the chance of snow is unlikely for Suffolk, but we could see a “phenomenon” called freezing rain if temperatures are 0C as the rain arrives around 3pm through to 5/6pm.
This could lead to icy conditions on the roads, but Mr Bell said this is more of a risk for western parts of Suffolk than the east.
During the day expect a top temperature of 2C, but this is set to rise to 4/5C from midnight tonight.
You may also want to watch:
Tomorrow is set to start off with sunshine and be dry during the day, with highs of 4-6C.
Mr Bell believes it will turn colder in the afternoon with showers in the evening.
- 1 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 2 Man in hospital with serious injuries after Suffolk stabbing
- 3 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues linked with 'ambitious move' for striker
- 4 Community in shock after stabbing on Suffolk estate
- 5 Pub demolition plans generate 150-plus objections in a week
- 6 Former Town star's son scores to help Hartlepool secure dramatic return to EFL
- 7 Councils to be given powers to fine drivers £70
- 8 No starts, sarcastic cheers and a quick profit - A look back at Kieffer Moore's time at Town
- 9 Village in uproar as primary school attempts to change historic logo
- 10 Patient in 90s will fight Ipswich Hospital parking fine
Temperatures are not expected to be below freezing overnight on Sunday, but there could be ground frost in the morning.
06:44 GMT: Bury St Edmunds forecast for the next few hours: Fairly fine, snow showers later. Current Temp: 1.0 deg C
#Ipswich 28°c with broken clouds, you can expect rain starting later this evening with highs of 30°c