Weather: Snow and fog to start the day
DRIVERS will be forced to contend with treacherous road conditions again this morning after another freezing night.
The slush and snow that is lingering on the ground from the deluge last weekend is likely to have re-frozen overnight.
But things are expected to improve later today as a slight thaw brings with it sleet and rain, especially in coastal areas.
WeatherQuest forecaster Jim Bacon said: “After a cold night, it will be rather cloudy with the odd wintry shower about, but nothing very heavy.
“There will be a bit of sleet and rain nearer the coast, and some more snow inland, along with a cold-feeling wind picking up through the day.”
You may also want to watch:
But Suffolk and Essex will enjoy comparatively mild weather today, with Southwold the warmest place in the county at 4C, followed by Lowestoft with 3C - meanwhile other parts of the UK languish far below freezing.
- Keep checking the website for further weather updates throughout the day.
- 1 ‘Demolition Man’ Cook tells vast majority of Ipswich Town squad to find new clubs
- 2 Mum-of-four with 'beautiful soul' dies after collapsing in the street
- 3 Ipswich U18s fall to second-half Liverpool goals - how the FA Youth Cup semi-final unfolded....
- 4 Takeaway contaminated food with raw meat and sold items past use-by date
- 5 Film crews spotted in Ipswich town centre
- 6 Steam locomotive back in Suffolk for anniversary trips
- 7 'Beautiful inside and out': Tragedy as mum dies 48 hours after giving birth
- 8 'Larger-than-life' Ipswich drama teacher Gloria Henshall dies
- 9 Couple transform historic building near coast into new bed and breakfast
- 10 Pub boss struggling to recruit ahead of lockdown lifting