Weather: Snow to hold off for Christmas
SUB-ZERO temperatures are expected to reign over the Christmas period - but snow will return before the New Year, warn forecasters.
Experts had predicted that the snow would set in tomorrow, causing concern for those heading home for Christmas.
But Chris Bell, of WeatherQuest, said: “Things are unlikely to change much between now and Boxing Day, it will remain mainly dry with sharp frosts coming on Friday and Saturday night.
“Temperatures in the region could fall as low as -8C.”
He did concede that there could be light scatterings of snow falling in coming days but reassured readers there was little to worry about.
You may also want to watch:
“There will be no amalgamation of any significance, and it should be okay getting home for Christmas.”
Mr Bell continued: “There is some interesting weather coming from Monday onwards, there will be a battle between the cold air that is over us now and the milder air that is currently over the Atlantic.”
- 1 Body found in the River Orwell
- 2 Police confirm body found in River Orwell was of a 17-year-old boy
- 3 HOW THE NIGHT UNFOLDED: Witches prove too hot for Lynn
- 4 Could any released Bristol City players reunite with Ashton at Ipswich?
- 5 Woman who posed as food bank staff steals Easter eggs from Morrisons
- 6 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues 'eye' Sheffield Wednesday midfielder
- 7 What has changed in Woodbridge over lockdown?
- 8 Exit Interview: Nydam showed 'heart, desire and hunger' but was never able to take the next step
- 9 Reduce your dementia risk with 7 lifestyle changes
- 10 Tributes to 'loyal, caring' man, 28, who died after A14 crash
For more details or a specific forecast, speak to a WeatherQuest forecaster on 09065 77 76 75. Calls cost �1.50 per minute. A regular forecast can be sent by fax or e-mail. For details phone 01603 507605.