Weather: Strong winds and heavy rain forecast
Gale force winds and heavy rain could hit Suffolk tomorrow as forecasters issue severe weather warnings across nearly every region of the UK.
A moderate southwesterly wind is predicted to develop overnight into gusts of up to 60mph tomorrow morning.
Weather experts predict a spell of wet and very windy weather for the whole of the UK, with strong winds prevailing into the afternoon but showers easing.
Forecasters also expect a continued drop in temperature to as low as 4C overnight.
Scotland is braced for the harshest weather conditions, with the Met Office issuing warnings for snow and wind.
You may also want to watch:
Meanwhile, the Highways Agency plans to close the East Tunnel of Dartford Crossing to northbound traffic from 4am to prepare it to be used by southbound traffic in the event of the Queen Elizabeth II Bridge having to close.
All drivers using the northbound M25 will be diverted to use the West Tunnel.
- 1 Tories retain Suffolk County Council control - but Greens make huge gains
- 2 How Suffolk voted in the county council elections 2021
- 3 A weekend of potential departures as Town finish up their disappointing season
- 4 Poorly rated Chick King takeaway goes into liquidation
- 5 Joy as council reverses ban on motorhomes in car parks
- 6 'Masterpiece' modernist home with panoramic sea views for sale for £850,000
- 7 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 8 See inside beautiful stately home near Ipswich - for one day only
- 9 Bookings now open for unique new Suffolk dining experience
- 10 Plans to convert pub into block of holiday lets withdrawn
Road users are advised to check before setting out in the morning and be prepared to seek alternative routes or delay their journeys if necessary.