Weather: Suffolk sun set to shine but summer not here yet, say forecasters
SUFFOLK is set for soaring temperatures this week but forecasters have stopped short of saying summer has arrived.
The mercury is predicted to hit as high as 22c in Suffolk today as high pressure sweeps in from Spain and Scandinavia.
But Chris Bell, from Norwich-based Weatherquest, said: “It’s too early to say summer has arrived.
“There are some predictions of unsettled weather towards the end of next week so I’d be careful saying a period of settled, dry and warm weather has arrived.”
But Mr Bell said the warm and dry conditions are likely to last well into the coming weekend.
You may also want to watch:
“It will be breezy and a bit colder towards the end of the week but overall it looks pretty good over the weekend and into next week.”
Mr Bell added that today’s predicted temperatures were around the 4c higher than the average for this time of year.
- 1 Postman who abandoned 'undriveable' van wins unfair dismissal claim
- 2 Dozzell set for QPR, as Championship clubs show interest in Downes
- 3 GP surgery in 'special measures' after patients and staff raise concerns
- 4 Busy high street taped off by police
- 5 Man in 20s dies after fall from pub
- 6 Inside quirky off-grid houseboat with stunning river views - yours for £500k
- 7 Woman suffers life-threatening injuries after fall from building
- 8 'Too many men can cause a problem' - Ashton says quality, not quantity, is key in Town's squad rebuild
- 9 My frustration at how rude drawings balls up our beaches
- 10 Cyclist hurt in crash with car