Thunder and lightning on the way as heavy showers forecast
- Credit: peter cutts
After a sunny start for most of the region on Thursday morning, forecasters are warning of heavy shower, thunder and lightning to end the day.
Norwich-based forecasters Weatherquest said that although the day had started off bright and sunny it wasn’t likely to stay that way for long.
Conditions should stay largely dry this morning but there could be a few showers before lunch but these are more likely into this afternoon.
There’s a risk of thunderstorms and some lightning across the region as the day goes on with the heavy showers set to continue on and off through the afternoon and into the evening.
Top temperatures today are around 14 or 15C, with conditions feeling warm during the breaks between showers.
You may also want to watch:
The showers will start to ease as the evening goes on.
Into Friday, it will be a bright start once again but it will get cloudier later.
- 1 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 2 Man in 40s dies following A12 crash
- 3 'People might think I'm crocked now... but I fully back myself' - Norwood determined to make his mark
- 4 Siegrist and Amos leading targets as Town step up hunt for new No.1
- 5 'He nearly ruined my club' - Bent on former Ipswich boss Lambert
- 6 Man dies following stabbing in Bury St Edmunds
- 7 25 of the best cafes for outdoor dining in Suffolk
- 8 Off-duty PC caught speeding on A14
- 9 A12 re-opens after man seriously hurt in two-car crash
- 10 Mum 'shocked' to be given car park fine while breastfeeding child
There won’t be as many showers as today but there is still the possibility for some and even a bit more thunder.