Chance of thunderstorms for Suffolk and Essex after days of hot, dry weather
- Credit: citizenside.com
Thunderstorms could bring a temporary break tomorrow from the hot dry conditions of recent weeks.
Weatherquest’s Dan Holley said there was a chance of a few isolated showers and thunderstorms during the afternoon – with eastern parts most likely to be affected.
The forecaster explained these conditions could occur as a result of “daytime heating and sea breeze convergence”.
“Dust deposits on surfaces over recent weeks of dry weather may make roads particularly slippery when wet,” he added.
“Most parts of region will stay dry though.”
Suffolk, Essex and much of the UK have enjoyed long periods of warm and sunny weather in recent days, with temperatures regularly reaching the his 20s, and little or no rainfall.
While tomorrow may bring a slight reprieve for gardeners, the warm, dry conditions are expected to return again by the weekend – and into next week.
- 1 New cafe toasts successful first week
- 2 Patrols 'throughout the night' following dispersal order in Suffolk town
- 3 Young driver crashes car just a week after passing
- 4 Thatch roof of cottage 'fully alight' in village near Needham Market
- 5 New state-of-the-art army attack helicopters undergo testing in Suffolk
- 6 Police warning after Suffolk driver speeds at 126mph
- 7 'Versatile, hungry, athletic and technical' - McKenna on new signing Bakinson
- 8 Harper and El Mizouni made available for loan
- 9 'Dream come true': Excitement as new salon opens in Woodbridge
- 10 Bakinson's the 'mini Pogba' who has been a big hit on loan before and will now look to prove the doubters wrong