Strong winds of up to 50mph to hit Suffolk as weather warning issued
- Credit: citizenside.com
The Met Office has issued a yellow weather warning for wind in Suffolk and Essex, with gusts of up to 50mph expected.
The weather warning is in place from Tuesday morning and may lead to damage to temporary structures and transport disruption, according to the Met Office.
The Orwell Bridge on the A14 has to close if wind speeds exceed 60mph, since road improvements were made earlier this year, but during gusts of 45-60mph traffic has to move more slowly.
If winds do hit high speeds, the speed limit will be reduced from 60mph to 40mph.
The Met Office has also warned there will be some heavy showers in Suffolk on Tuesday before it eases in the daytime.
You may also want to watch:
Road, rail, air and ferry transport are likely to be disrupted and some coastal communities will be affected by spray and/or large waves, the weather service also said.
- 1 Matchday Recap: All-square as Town and U's share six goals
- 2 Town complete ninth signing as Edmundson joins from Scottish giants
- 3 Colchester town centre streets closed following concern over child
- 4 Family creates 50 new jobs by reviving two Suffolk pubs
- 5 Teenage girl allegedly raped on village recreation ground, court hears
- 6 Man dies after lorry crashes into trees
- 7 Town complete Chaplin deal as Barnsley forward becomes signing No.10
- 8 'The people of West Suffolk deserve better': Vote of no confidence for Hancock
- 9 Colchester United 3 Ipswich Town 3: Burns' late strike levels it for Town
- 10 'Amazing' - Joy as port welcomes maiden call of luxury cruise ship