Yellow weather warning for ice as temperatures set to tumble
- Credit: Archant
A yellow weather warning for ice has been put in place for much of Suffolk with temperatures set to fall below zero.
The warning is in place between 11pm this evening until 10am on Christmas Day with forecasters predicting icy conditions on Suffolk's roads.
The warning mostly covers west Suffolk, with areas to the east of the A14 avoiding the coldest temperatures.
The Met Office said there could be icy patches which will lead to some difficult driving conditions.
They say some injuries could be caused by slips and falls on icy surfaces and there will probably be some icy patches on some untreated roads, pavements and cycle paths.
You may also want to watch:
Another weather warning for strong winds is also in place from 3pm on Boxing day.
The Met Office says that "very windy weather" is expected for parts of England leading to disruption to transport and utilities.
- 1 Edmundson ruled out of opener as Cook discusses 'four, five or six' more transfers
- 2 Swimmers report sickness symptoms after dip in Suffolk river
- 3 Woman in 20s dies in single car crash on A12 in Suffolk
- 4 Suffolk pub reopens with exclusive Champagne carvery
- 5 Haverhill firm goes into liquidation with just £2.42 in the bank
- 6 New plans for village cafe, shop and business units divide opinion
- 7 Evans on Town's 'powerful' mantra, not shying away from favourites tag and working under Cook again
- 8 'A rut had set in and it needed to change... we will have got one or two wrong' - Cook on his Ipswich Town squad cull
- 9 Why Ipswich Town's American owners won't be making first visit for Morecambe clash
The warning ends at Midday on December 27.