Roadworks for Sudbury town centre
- Credit: Archant
Motorists can expect delays with the start of major roadworks in Sudbury town centre next month.
The week-long programme will see four-way traffic lights installed in Great Eastern Road on April 8, with work scheduled to finish by April 16.
It is being carried out by Cadent, which owns, operates and maintains the gas distribution network in East Anglia.
The company said the work was to install new gas mains.
“We need to replace ageing gas mains with tough new plastic pipes which should help ensure the local community keeps on enjoying safe and reliable gas supplies for many decades to come,” a spokesman said.
You may also want to watch:
“In order to carry out the work safely and efficiently temporary traffic lights will be need to be installed.
“Cadent has planned the project in close discussion with the local authority and is doing all it can to ensure it is delivered with as little disruption to the local area as possible.”
- 1 Film crews shooting new Netflix film in Suffolk village
- 2 Suffolk-based former Marine found dead after 10-month disappearance
- 3 Two mega prisons for 3,500 inmates set to be built near RAF base
- 4 Matchday Live: It's raining goals at Portman Road as Town his six
- 5 Delays on Orwell Bridge near Ipswich
- 6 Overturned trailer causing delays on roundabout near Bury St Edmunds
- 7 Air ambulance called to incident on Bury St Edmunds estate
- 8 Five people injured in 'violent disorder' at Newmarket racecourse
- 9 Rovers bottom, Town starting to click, key men back... is this the night?
- 10 Tankers on their way to Suffolk as the government unveils action plan
“The new pipes should last for over 80 years helping to secure the local gas network in Sudbury until the dawn of the 22nd century.”
For more information on the project call 0800 096 5678. Details on Cadent’s gas mains replacement work can also be found online.