Weight loss joy for Ipswich slimmers who lost 11st
- Credit: Archant
A group of 14 slimmers from Ipswich are celebrating after shedding a combined 11st through a free weight management course.
Officials from Live Well Suffolk, which ran the 12-week programme, have spoken of their pride at the members of the group, saying they now have the know-how to continue battling the bulge.
The 14 people took part in the Lose Weight with Live Well Suffolk course, which was designed to help each member reduce their body weight by 5%, helping them to be fitter for Christmas.
James Colchester, a weight management practitioner at Live Well Suffolk who worked with the group, said: “From October to December, the group battled through the winter weather and festive parties to successfully complete the course.
“Together they lost just over 11st which they can be very proud of.
You may also want to watch:
“They can now enjoy a healthier Christmas knowing that they’ve got all the tools and information they need to continue with their weight-loss.”
During their weekly sessions, the group took part in activities including a Supermarket Sweep-style store tour, which saw them head for the aisles to find healthier alternatives to the food they normally buy.
- 1 ‘Demolition Man’ Cook tells vast majority of Ipswich Town squad to find new clubs
- 2 Mum-of-four with 'beautiful soul' dies after collapsing in the street
- 3 Takeaway contaminated food with raw meat and sold items past use-by date
- 4 Royal visit from Princess Anne marks Suffolk Wildlife Trust 60th anniversary
- 5 Film crews spotted in Ipswich town centre
- 6 Fake parking fines handed out in Stowmarket
- 7 KOA podcast special: Cook tells majority of Town squad they can go
- 8 Classic car show to return this summer with new venue
- 9 Angry resident threatened with arrest over fake parking tickets
- 10 Police hunt for wanted men after west Suffolk shooting
They also took part in a hands-on cooking session, making healthier versions of their favourite takeaways in addition to activity sessions.
If you would like more information about weight management programmes available for you, please call Live Well Suffolk on 01473 229292 or, alternatively, you can