Clacton man jailed for knifing former friend
- Credit: Essex Police
A 25-year-old man has been jailed for two years for stabbing a former friend in Clacton.
The 32-year-old victim was approached by Robbie Masson, who started making accusations and produced a 12-inch knife, in Wellesley Road on June 19.
During a struggle, accomplice Jimmy Valentine twice hit the victim in the back of the head with what appeared to be a golf club. He was treated for a head wound, and stab wounds to his stomach and hands – requiring reconstructive surgery on his right hand.
Masson and Valentine, both 25, admitted causing grievous bodily harm without intent at Basildon Crown Court in November.
Masson, of Groom Park, Clacton, was jailed for two years on Friday.
You may also want to watch:
Valentine, of Polley Close, Kirby Cross, was given a 12 month jail term, suspended for 12 months, and ordered to complete rehabilitation activity.
Investigating officer DC Richard English, of Clacton CID, said: “This was a violent attack that left the victim needing reconstructive surgery.
- 1 Family of hairdresser, 17, who died in her sleep 'overwhelmed' by tributes
- 2 Suffolk petrol stations avoid closure as garages shut nationwide
- 3 Don't panic buy - warning as queues form at petrol stations
- 4 Explained: What is causing the long queues at petrol stations?
- 5 'We've lost one or two from last week' - Cook reveals fresh injury set-back
- 6 Jailed company boss to sell home to repay swindled customers
- 7 'Complete waste of our money' - uproar over Santa's grotto
- 8 Road off A14 closed after serious collision
- 9 Cook believes Ipswich are 'biggest and best' club in League One
- 10 Ipswich mum 'eating junk food and take-aways' goes from size 22 to 12
“There is never any excuse for such mindless violence and we will continue to take robust action against those who commit such acts.”