Wenhaston: Bungalow bedroom badly burnt by blaze

A bedroom of a Suffolk bungalow was overcome by flames despite efforts by firefighters to tackle the blaze.

Fire broke out at a four-bedroom detached bungalow in Blyth Close, Wenhaston, at about 8pm last night.

Crews from nearby Halesworth and Southwold were called to the address, where a rear bedroom was well alight.

Wearing breathing gear and using three hoses, firefighters were able to bring the flames under control within about half an hour, before damping the area down and returning to base.


You may also want to watch:


Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter
Comments powered by Disqus