West Suffolk: Bardwell Playing Field to be ready for next year
- Credit: Archant
Work on an expanded playing field in west Suffolk is progressing rapidly and it should be ready for use next year.
Bardwell playing field is home to both a cricket and a football club but as they have grown in recent years the space available to them has started to feel a little cramped.
But now things are looking up for the clubs as Bardwell Playing Field Association (BPFA) is well on the way to redeveloping the site.
As well as having secured extra land for the clubs and for car parking space the association has renewed the playing surfaces and levelled them out.
Dave Ray, chairman of the BPFA, said: “It is progressing remarkably well but there were hurdles to overcome.
You may also want to watch:
“We had to get grants for the money (to secure the land) and there were legal issues to overcome getting control of the land.
“We got control of both pieces of land at the end of July which was far later than we had anticipated.”
- 1 Woodbridge nurse plans Caribbean retirement after National Lottery win
- 2 American marines fly to Suffolk to join Dambusters on new aircraft carrier
- 3 A possible Ipswich Town reunion at Colchester this summer
- 4 A12 reopens after police respond to 'serious' accident
- 5 Town confirm early departure of experienced defender due to contract clause
- 6 Have your say on bid for new shopping village with cinema and hotel
- 7 Two arrested after police block off street following threats
- 8 How a popular Suffolk resort is gearing up for a bumper summer
- 9 Election 2021: Suffolk County Council candidates published
- 10 NHS hero injured in pub explosion feels 'lucky to be alive'
However despite the challenges Mr Ray said progress since then had been very good and all the work one the pitches had been completed in a space of around five weeks.”