West Suffolk: Bardwell Playing Field to be ready for next year
- Credit: Archant
Work on an expanded playing field in west Suffolk is progressing rapidly and it should be ready for use next year.
Bardwell playing field is home to both a cricket and a football club but as they have grown in recent years the space available to them has started to feel a little cramped.
But now things are looking up for the clubs as Bardwell Playing Field Association (BPFA) is well on the way to redeveloping the site.
As well as having secured extra land for the clubs and for car parking space the association has renewed the playing surfaces and levelled them out.
Dave Ray, chairman of the BPFA, said: “It is progressing remarkably well but there were hurdles to overcome.
“We had to get grants for the money (to secure the land) and there were legal issues to overcome getting control of the land.
“We got control of both pieces of land at the end of July which was far later than we had anticipated.”
- 1 Emergency services attending incident in Suffolk town
- 2 Double-decker bus bought on eBay becomes new home for evicted Suffolk family
- 3 Unclaimed £83k winning EuroMillions lottery ticket was bought in Suffolk
- 4 Revealed: The most isolated villages in Suffolk
- 5 Body of woman found in river in Hadleigh
- 6 Suffolk cinema to allow dog owners to bring their pets to watch films
- 7 Suspected wanted man chased through Suffolk village
- 8 Former Town striker Chopra out of retirement to join non-league club
- 9 'Abandoned' cottage and studio up for sale after huge renovation
- 10 The Range secures huge logistics hub at new A14 business park
However despite the challenges Mr Ray said progress since then had been very good and all the work one the pitches had been completed in a space of around five weeks.”