Westhorpe: Fire in tumble dryer

FIRE fighters have tackled a small fire in a tumble dryer.

Crews from Elmswell and Ixworth were called to an old school building in Main Road, Westhorpe at 12.55pm today.

The two-storey building measuring 20 meters by 10 meters, was smoke logged on ground floor.

Fire crews used breathing apparatus and found a fire in tumble dryer in the kitchen.

Crews remove the machine and ventilated the building before the incident was stopped at 1.40pm.


You may also want to watch:


Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter
Comments powered by Disqus