Suffolk set for cold, wet and windy end to the week
- Credit: citizenside.com
Forecasters have warned of a cold, wet and windy end to the week for Suffolk as temperatures dip to the low teens.
The county has already been hit with heavy rain this morning – although more is set to come as the late summer sunshine comes to an end.
Phil Garner, meteorologist at East Anglia-based Weatherquest, said temperatures today will reach a maximum of 16C, while scattered showers could continue throughout the rest of the day.
Mr Garner added: “Tomorrow is going to be a poor day with brisk morning rain.
“Winds will get strong – gale force in some areas – and rain will continue on and off throughout the day.
You may also want to watch:
“It will be cloudier in the eastern parts of the region with temperatures reaching 13C or 14C – but with northerly winds it is going to feel quite cold.”
Looking ahead to the weekend, Mr Garner said it will be a damp start with showers possible throughout a breezy Saturday and Sunday.
- 1 £1million beach village set for approval as part of resort regeneration
- 2 Affordable homes project proposed for east Suffolk village
- 3 Hospital visits to be suspended due to Covid infection rise
- 4 Pub changes 'offensive' Halloween display after social media criticism
- 5 'The culture is right' - Johnson leaves Town in good hands after whirlwind trip
- 6 Controversial north Essex village homes plan set for go-ahead
- 7 Emergency services conduct search and rescue mission off Harwich coast
- 8 Town keeper Holy set for emergency loan move
- 9 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 10 Why is this Suffolk address on Covid lateral flow test boxes?