Suffolk set for cold, wet and windy end to the week
- Credit: citizenside.com
Forecasters have warned of a cold, wet and windy end to the week for Suffolk as temperatures dip to the low teens.
The county has already been hit with heavy rain this morning – although more is set to come as the late summer sunshine comes to an end.
Phil Garner, meteorologist at East Anglia-based Weatherquest, said temperatures today will reach a maximum of 16C, while scattered showers could continue throughout the rest of the day.
Mr Garner added: “Tomorrow is going to be a poor day with brisk morning rain.
“Winds will get strong – gale force in some areas – and rain will continue on and off throughout the day.
“It will be cloudier in the eastern parts of the region with temperatures reaching 13C or 14C – but with northerly winds it is going to feel quite cold.”
Looking ahead to the weekend, Mr Garner said it will be a damp start with showers possible throughout a breezy Saturday and Sunday.
- 1 The possible candidates as Ipswich Town search for new boss
- 2 Will it be another lockdown Christmas?
- 3 Stuart Watson's verdict: Cook sacking shows Town owners mean business
- 4 The early betting favourites to be the next Town boss
- 5 Paul Cook sacked by Ipswich Town
- 6 Ipswich Town set to announce caretaker manager
- 7 'Would get Town promoted this season' - Ambrose reveals his choice for new boss
- 8 Harsh or fair? Here's what Town fans are saying about Paul Cook sacking
- 9 Approved town centre hotel will help meet need for tourist rooms
- 10 Flood alert issued for Suffolk and north Essex coast