What Suffolk and Essex celebrities have been part of the film industry?
- Credit: Archant
Last night Suffolk superstar Ed Sheeran put down the microphone and picked up a script to feature in the first episode of Game of Thrones season seven.
The programme aired at 9pm last night on Sky Atlantic.
The Framlingham singer’s cameo role in the extremely popular HBO fantasy drama excited Twitter users.
In the episode Shape of you singer Ed Sheeran is a Lannister soldier.
But Ed isn’t the first Suffolk celebrity to find themselves on the big screen.
Ipswich’s Sam Clafin is just one to mention, you would have seen him in Me Before You, The Hunger Games, Love Rosie and The Huntsman.
Suffolk is also home to Harry Potter’s Voldemort actor Ralph Fiennes, who has also been in James Bond films Skyfall and Spectre.
- 1 'We're going to push back!' - Ashton's message to Norwich City
- 2 Mystery of container ships at anchor off Suffolk coast solved
- 3 Town keen on Leeds left-back Davis
- 4 Man in 40s stabbed at town centre multi-storey car park
- 5 Tent, kitchen units and bedding dumped in 'unsightly' fly-tipping
- 6 Huge country home with no near neighbours up for sale for £1.45m
- 7 Family left homeless after bungalow destroyed in fire
- 8 NHS 'wargames' collapse of West Suffolk Hospital building
- 9 Ipswich man, 27, arrested after stabbing in Bury St Edmunds car park
- 10 Suspected drink driver arrested after three cars damaged in crash
Put your knowledge to the test and see which celebrities from Suffolk and north Essex have been part of the television or film scene.