Which pharmacies in Suffolk and Essex will be open on New Year’s Day?
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
Getting the right help when you are ill is vital – especially at this time of year when surgeries are closed and A&E departments are under extra pressure.
If you fall ill over New Year, there are pharmacists on duty around Suffolk and Essex who could help you manage your illness and potentially save a trip to hospital.
Here are details of those chemists open on New Year’s Day (Monday, January 1):
Aldeburgh: Aldeburgh Pharmacy, 125 High Street, 10am-3pm
Beccles: Boots Pharmacy, 5 New Market, 10am-4pm
You may also want to watch:
Brightlingsea: Boots, 52 Victoria Place, 10am-2pm
Bury St Edmunds: Asda, Western Way, 9am-6pm. Boots, 11-13 Cornhill, 10.30am-4.30pm. Boots, Western Way, 10am-6pm. Lloyds, Sainsbury’s, Bedingfeld Way, 9am-5pm. Tesco, St Saviour’s Interchange, 9am-6pm.
- 1 Inside quirky off-grid houseboat with stunning river views - yours for £500k
- 2 Dozzell set for QPR, as Championship clubs show interest in Downes
- 3 Cyclist hurt in crash with car
- 4 Postman who abandoned 'undriveable' van wins unfair dismissal claim
- 5 Man in 20s dies after fall from pub
- 6 GP surgery in 'special measures' after patients and staff raise concerns
- 7 Ipswich Town face fight to keep young midfielder Gibbs with rivals Norwich among interested clubs
- 8 Woman suffers life-threatening injuries after fall from building
- 9 'Spooky' bushes full of caterpillars spotted near Suffolk roads
- 10 Covid infections mapped: 20 postcode areas report three or more cases
Chelmsford: Boots, 43 High Chelmer, 10.30am-4.30pm. Boots, Meadows Shopping Centre, 10.30am-4.30pm. Lloyds, Sainsbury’s, White Hart Lane, 10am-4pm.
Clacton on Sea: Boots, 54-62 Pier Avenue, 10am-3pm. Prescriptions 2 You, 89-91 Pier Avenue, 10am-4pm.
Colchester: Asda, Petrolea Close, 10am-6pm. Boots, 5-6 Lion Walk, 10.30am-4.30pm. Boots, Fiveways, Peartree Road, 10am-2pm.
Dovercourt: Boots, 224-226 High Street, 10am-4pm
Felixstowe: Boots Pharmacy, 86 Hamilton Road, 10am-4pm. Morrisons, Grange Farm Avenue, 10am-4pm.
Frinton: Boots, Connaught Avenue, 10am-4pm
Hadleigh: Mill Pharmacy, Hadleigh Health Centre, Market Place, 10am-noon
Halstead: Boots, 69-71 High Street, 10am-4pm
Haverhill: Lloyds Pharmacy, Sainsbury’s, Haycocks Road, 10am-4pm. Boots Pharmacy, 15 High Street, 10am-4pm.
Ipswich: Asda, Goddard Road, 10am-6pm. Boots, 5 Tavern Street, 10am-4pm. Boots, Buttermarket Shopping Centre, 10.30am-4.30pm. Morrison’s, Sproughton Road, 10am-4pm. Lloyds, Sainsbury’s Warren Heath, Felixstowe Road, 9am-7pm. Lloyds, Sainsburys, Hadleigh Road, 10am-4pm.
Lowestoft: Asda Pharmacy, Horn Hill, 10am-6pm. Boots, 76a London Road North, 10am-4pm. Hayden Pharmacy, High Street, noon-2pm. Newmarket: Boots, 82 High Street, 10am-4pm
Manningtree: Boots, Station Road, 10am-2pm
Stanway, nr Colchester: Sainsbury’s Pharmacy, 1 Western Approach, 10am-4pm
Stowmarket: Asda, 8-9 Wilkes Way, 10am-6pm. Boots, 21 Ipswich Street, 10am-4pm.
Sudbury: Boots, 13-14 Market Hill, 10am-4pm. Lloyds, 66 Cornard Road, 9am-6pm.
Woodbridge: Boots, 58 Thoroughfare, 10am-4pm.