Which pharmacists are on duty on New Year’s Day?
Getting the right help when you are ill is vital - especially at this time of year when surgeries are closed and A&E departments are under extra strain.
If you fall ill over the bank holiday weekend, there are pharmacists on duty around Suffolk who could help you manage your illness or ailment and prevent a serious, potentially saving a trip to hospital.
Here are details of those open New Year’s Day.
Aldeburgh Pharmacy in the High Street is open from 10am to 4pm
You may also want to watch:
Bury St Edmunds
A pharmacist will be on duty at Asda in Western Way from 10am to 6pm, and the pharmacy at Sainsbury’s in Bedingfield Way will be open from 10am to 5pm.
- 1 Ed Sheeran to be Ipswich Town shirt sponsor for 2021/22
- 2 Driver convicted of killing friend in A12 crash
- 3 Teaching assistant wins unfair dismissal claim
- 4 Woodbridge nurse plans Caribbean retirement after National Lottery win
- 5 Election 2021: Suffolk County Council candidates published
- 6 First views of £1.5m new seafront cafe as hoardings removed
- 7 'It could have been a lot worse' - Thatched home owner thanks crews after fire
- 8 'This bloke is the new sponsor of Ipswich Town' - Ed Sheeran posts throwback picture after shirt announcement
- 9 Woman in hospital after fire at Ipswich house
- 10 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
The Hadleigh Health Centre Complex will have an on-duty pharmacist working from 10am to midday.
Asda in Goddard Road will have a pharmacist on between 10am and 6pm, you can seek help at Sainsbury’s in Hadleigh Road from 9am to 6pm or the Felixstowe Road store between 9am and 5pm.
Alternatively, Boots in the Buttermarket will be open from 10am to 4pm.
Boots Pharmacy, in the High Street, will be open from 10am to 4pm, and Lords Pharmacy, in The Guineas Shopping Centre, will be open from 11am to 1pm.
If you need medical advice, try Asda pharmacy in Wilkes Way between 10am and 6pm.
There are two options for patients in Sudbury - Boots in Market Hill is open from 10am to 4pm and Sainsbury’s has a pharmacist on duty at the Cornard Road store between 9am and 5pm.
For advice or medicine to treat minor illnesses, visit Boots between 10am and 4pm.
Asda pharmacy will be open from 10am 6pm in Horn Hill or try the High Street Pharmacy between midday and 2pm.
The Queen Street Pharmacy will be open from 11am to 3pm.