Which Star Wars character won Best in Show at Essex Dog Day?
- Credit: Archant
No Darth Vader didn’t grace us with his presence but Wookie the Pekinese was able to grab Best in Show at the Essex Dog Day.
With a panel of judges before him, Wookie was able to sweep the highest accolade at this years event which was presented to him by Jennifer Tolhurst, Lord Lieutenant of Essex.
Wookie was rescued from a rural pub in Ireland where he was no longer wanted, his current owner Melanie Pettit from Maldon was overjoyed at the win.
She said: “He was originally called Diesel but he’s much too laid back and adorable for that.”
“So I named him after the Star War’s character because he looks like a Wookiee”.
You may also want to watch:
The event, held in the grounds of Crix a Georgian mansion in Hatfield Peverel, hosted thousands of dog lovers, their furry friends and featured displays from talented pups with the likes of the Sandon Police Dog Unit strutting their stuff.
The day also featured gun dog competitions, dog agility shows and the “waggiest tail” contest.
- 1 Ipswich Town owner Johnson close to adding another club to his portfolio
- 2 Suffolk police teams to star in new documentary series on Dave
- 3 Names of couple found dead in Woodbridge confirmed
- 4 Driver flees after crashing into level crossing
- 5 Antiques Roadtrip star opens new Suffolk antiques shop
- 7 Mark Ashton: The 'divisive' figure with a track record for promotion and profits
- 8 Peter Andre visits Ipswich for post-lockdown haircut
- 9 Goalkeeping coach Walker leaves Town as Cook bids to 'freshen things up'
- 10 All 24 League One home kits ranked from worst to first
Ian Twinley, owner of Crix and Chairman of the organising committee said: “Behind our aim of giving all these dog lovers and families some great bank holiday memories we are doing it all for charity having so far raised £416,000.
“All the money raised on the day goes to the prestigious Essex Community Foundation for distribution to Essex charities.”