Bakers set for six-hour ‘Sconathon’ challenge in aid of new village hall
- Credit: Archant
Four amateur bakers will be undertaking a marathon cookery challenge this weekend raising funds for a new Suffolk village hall.
The Wickham Market Village Hall will be hosting its first ‘Sconathon’ as the latest fundraiser for the £1.5million new build project.
Designs for the new facility, which will replace the existing building and host the village’s archive centre, were publicised last month.
The project has been several years in the making and aims to provide a “hall for all” suitable for the wide variety of groups and organisations in the village.
The ‘Sconathon’, which is being held as a fringe event of the Aldeburgh Food Festival, will see the bakers spend six hours cooking up a selection of scones. Visitors will be invited to buy scones and guess the total baked. There will also be cake, drinks, and preserves from local producers.
You may also want to watch:
The event is free to attend and runs from 9am until the grand raffle draw at 3.15pm.
- 1 Victoria Hall murder: Suffolk strangler Steve Wright reportedly arrested
- 2 Boy, 5, in critical condition after incident at department store
- 3 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 4 Town bosses on 'Chequebook FC' nickname, Premier League timeframe and more
- 6 Chaplin is Cook's 'assassin' who was once taught a tough lesson by the Town boss
- 7 Man arrested on suspicion of murdering Victoria Hall
- 8 Suffolk sprinter opens her 'dream' cafe at age of 25
- 9 Boy, 13, pulled from moat at Framlingham Castle
- 10 Town's first game of the season will be all-ticket