Photographers go wild about Sudbury
- Credit: Ron Smith
Talented photographers from the Enjoy Sudbury More Facebook group have been sharing stunning images, with many turning the spotlight on wildlife and nature.
Here is the first in a series of web galleries bringing together some of the photos from the group, together with more great pictures from Suffolk iWitness members. This time, the theme is the rich array of birds, animals, plants and nature around the area.
Ron Smith has taken many striking photos of wildlife in and around Sudbury, with his latest images including a peregrine falcon, a kingfisher on Mill Pond wall, a bullfinch, and a hoverfly with markings similar to a hornet, which stopped by while Ron was picking blackberries. He also took a photo of wildflowers in Friars Meadow.
The water meadows are well-known for their array of natural beauty, and feature in a photo by Matt Byham showing cows cooling down in the water, alongside some mute swans. Matt also shared a great photo of Ballingdon Meadow showing clouds reflected in the water, and a close-up of a grey wagtail.
Karen Naylor captured beautiful reflections of trees in the water on a river trip from the Henny Swan to the Granary, while Alicia Kemp shared a view from Ballingdon Bridge, including swans on the water.
You may also want to watch:
Members of the Suffolk iWitness group took part in a challenge to show what they love about Sudbury. The winning image came from Peter Bash, with a photo of cattle on the water meadows, a subject which also inspired Pamela Bidwell.
Peter Wiles sent in a picture of swans on the Stour.
- 1 A12 closed following serious collision
- 2 'Nothing surprises me anymore' - Judge on Town departure
- 3 Why have ITFC's American owners issued £18m of new shares?
- 4 A blow for Cook as trusted assistant Richardson gets full-time Wigan job
- 5 Have you seen this Suffolk pub’s new outdoor kitchen and bar?
- 6 Husband pays tribute to 'soulmate' and mum-of-four after cancer death
- 7 'Loving and devoted' - Family pay tribute to mother-of-five found in park
- 8 Family 'devastated' after thatched cottage badly damaged in fire
- 9 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 3-0 defeat at Northampton Town
- 10 Car SOS to feature family who lost father and son
If you would like to see more great photographs from around the town and share your own, join our Enjoy Sudbury More Facebook group.