Gritters out in force tonight as temperature set to drop
- Credit: Suffolk Highways
Gritters are planned to be sent out across much of Suffolk tonight as surface temperatures are predicted to drop.
Suffolk Highways has confirmed their gritting teams will be operating in Ipswich and western and central Suffolk this evening with road surface temperatures forecast to drop below 1C.
The teams will be out from 7.30pm operating on "priority one" routes.
The routes encompass all A and B roads as well as roads to 24 hour emergency service stations and transport hubs, or where the traffic flow exceeds 4,000 vehicles a day.
In total across the county, the routes make up a network of more than 1,250 miles of road.
You may also want to watch:
Winds are expected to ease tonight in comparison to the last two days, with gusts of no more than 29mph forecast for the county - well under the Orwell Bridge's 50mph safety limit.
The decision to treat the roads is due to be reviewed again at 5.30pm.
- 1 Map reveals raw sewage overflow into Suffolk rivers
- 2 East Suffolk village garage to be rebuilt as part of homes plan
- 3 Rail services affected after person hit by train
- 4 Derelict Suffolk railway crossing cottage up for auction
- 5 Kieron Dyer in hospital undergoing tests
- 6 'It was gut wrenching' - Mum's Covid message after son, 12, hospitalised
- 7 Hundreds of calls, fighting off interest, a health scare and a missing man - how Town signed match-winner Celina this summer
- 8 West Suffolk restaurant named among best in the country
- 9 'I'm just gobsmacked': east Suffolk pub receives £96,000 grant in Budget
- 10 Asda and Amazon urgently recall items due to safety concerns