Wimpy in Sudbury town centre is to shut up shop
- Credit: Archant
A fast-food outlet in Sudbury has announced it is closing with a new eatery taking its place.
Wimpy, at Old Market Place, said on its Facebook page it is shutting down and a new, higher quality restaurant called Chill-In Cafe and Bistro will open with cuisines from around the world.
The opening is planned for two to three weeks time.
The announcement said: “We would like to say a big thank you to all our customers throughout the years that have been by our side in Wimpy.
“We are shutting Wimpy down. The Wimpy company was not satisfying us or our customers any more.”
You may also want to watch:
It said it will re-open with a “new style and taste from all around the world” and added: “The new restaurant will be much higher quality.”
Some customers shared their dismay at the announcement on the Facebook page, but others welcomed the change.
- 2 ‘Inadequate’ private hospital closes after patients ‘put at prolonged risk of harm’
- 3 7 of Suffolk's prettiest streets
- 4 Town face 'red tape' wait over Celina
- 5 A14 blocked after three vehicle crash
- 7 Cook on whether he's missing the influence of Richardson
- 8 Your favourite pub, restaurant, café and hotel in Suffolk revealed
- 9 Ed Sheeran hints at new tour dates and reveals favourite Suffolk beer
- 10 Ed Sheeran announces three Wembley dates as part of = world tour
One said: “This is dreadful news.”
Another said: “Good luck in your new venture.”
The restaurant, which has undergone major refurbishment in recent years, is owned by Harun Korhan, having previously been managed by Leyla Alciner and her husband Sevki Alciner.
Wimpy in Haverhill closed in 2017.