Wine spillage closes section of Suffolk road
A MAN was taken to hospital after a lorry overturned on a Suffolk road.
Emergency services were called to the A140 near Coddenham at just before 2pm today, after an incident left a man suffering from possible neck injuries.
A spokeswoman for Suffolk police said that the incident had not left the road blocked, but that an oil and wine spill had swept across the road.
She said: “It was originally thought that the lorry was leaking oil, however pink fluid was scene leaking from the lorry – it was later found that it was carrying wine.
“The wine and oil was flowing across the road, so the slip round was closed.”
You may also want to watch:
The road remains blocked while sand is scattered to absorb the spillage, police have arranged for the vehicle to be recovered.
The driver was taken to Ipswich Hospital with possible head and neck injuries.
- 1 'If offers are higher elsewhere, so be it' - Wigan CEO on losing Evans to Ipswich
- 2 Aldi targets Felixstowe, Saxmundham and Sudbury for new stores
- 3 Wanted man arrested in Stowupland village
- 4 Thunderstorms expected to continue until Saturday in Suffolk and Essex
- 5 Why these Suffolk villages were named among 'most beautiful to visit'
- 6 Pair arrested for alleged sex assault on young woman
- 7 Chambers on a 'Town core setting standards' at Colchester
- 8 Farmer's anger at 'utterly vile' dog owner who tied dog mess to gate lock
- 9 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 10 Pub near Stowmarket closes temporarily due to Covid-19 case