Wissett: Pub celebrates launch of new brew
- Credit: Archant
A SUFFOLK pub has toasted the launch of its own selection of beers.
Nick and Debbie Sumner celebrated six years in charge of The Plough, in Wissett, near Halesworth, by introducing a small “nano-brewing” operation to the pub.
Customers now have a choice of three brews, including Potting Shed Bitter – or PSB for short – and Potting Shed Stout, brewed with fresh shucked oysters.
The beers were officially launched at an anniversary celebration with live music from The Broadside Boys and a barbecue offering a selection of local produce.
The pub was assisted in launching the beer by Belinda Jennings, quality manager at Suffolk brewer Adnams, who Mr Sumner called “our secret weapon”.
You may also want to watch:
He added: “We had a space in the pub we called the Potting Shed. During a slow period we thought about putting our own brewery in there.
“The beers have been sampled and have gone down very well with people.”
- 1 American marines fly to Suffolk to join Dambusters on new aircraft carrier
- 2 Woodbridge nurse plans Caribbean retirement after National Lottery win
- 3 A possible Ipswich Town reunion at Colchester this summer
- 4 A12 reopens after police respond to 'serious' accident
- 5 Two arrested after police block off street following threats
- 6 Town confirm early departure of experienced defender due to contract clause
- 7 Have your say on bid for new shopping village with cinema and hotel
- 8 How a popular Suffolk resort is gearing up for a bumper summer
- 9 See inside abandoned hotel with swimming pool as it goes up for auction
- 10 Election 2021: Suffolk County Council candidates published